Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Potatoes are not a Recyclable

Hello all!

its been a long time since I last posted anything, and for that i apologize.  I have several forthcoming posts in my drafts, but in the meantime I figured I'd share this:

while out on trash night looking for useful things to re-purpose in my various garden projects, I discovered a bag of potatoes....in a recycling bin.  granted they have eyes, but they are perfectly firm and edible potatoes and really have no business being discarded, but since I am a living example of "one man's trash is another man's treasure"  I gladly accepted them.

I will probably use these as seed potatoes for my garden this year.  bag weighs a hair under 3.5 pounds and since they are russets I can expect to harvest around 70 pounds, provided this summer doesn't get too hot, and since we are having such a mild winter, I feel it will.

Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment